Attending the Still Life Photography course students learn the fundamentals of advertising photography, both at a theoretical and at a practical level.
Still life photography is one of the most fascinating and requested specializations in the professional advertising photography world and is becoming more and more important also in design, furniture and food fields.
Being a still life photographers means to work together with newsrooms, publishing houses, advertising agencies and various clients to shoot catalogs, brochures, campaigns and billboards.
John Kaverdash Academy provides digital backs and large-format cameras, enabling the students to create very high-quality and creative pictures. By the end of the course, students will have a great variety of shots.
At the end of the course, a certificate of attendance with an evaluation based on performances, will be given to students.
LESSONS | 16, 4 hours each
HOURS | 64
CERTIFICATE | Certificate of attendance
LANGUAGE | English or Italian
Cameras, lenses and equipment are provided by John Kaverdash Academy of Photography.
- Introduction to issues, shooting techniques and equipment of a high-end studio.
- Analysis of commercial fields applied to still-life photography
- conceive a campaign for each of them
- shoot the campaign with the teacher
- Specific equipment for analog and digital shooting
- view cameras and camera stands
- medium format cameras
- full-frame reflex cameras
- lenses and accessories
- digital backs and softwares
- Specific equipment for set and lighting
- lantern softbox
- optical focusing spot
- sunlight reflector
- honeycomb grids
- articulating Loc-Line arms
- lighted table
- Materials lighting
- Layout analysis and interpretation
- Texture, backgrounds and props research
- Professionals involved in complex shooting
- mock-up maker
- set designer
- food stylist
- make-up artist
- art buyer
- Choosing the proper equipment and lights for indoors or on-location shooting
- Technical, creative, logistic and operative differences according to different sets